South Asian Association of Transactional Analysis (SAATA) plays a crucial role in networking and developing professional competencies in Transactional Analysis (TA) application in counseling, education, organizational development and psychotherapy in the South Asia region.
Introduction of TA by ASK in 2003 was the first noteworthy initiative to address this need in Bangladesh. More than five hundred of professionals have received TA 101 and Diploma in TA during the last twelve years in courses organized by ASK in support of ASHA Counseling and Training Services from India.
SAATA and ASK have both played leading roles in promoting training and services in South Asia. This has enabled certified counselors and psychotherapists to contribute to the mental health system of Bangladesh, SAATA, in partnership with ASK, is pleased to introduce the South Asian Transactional Analysis Conference 2016 and IBOC examination in Dhaka. The idea behind this endeavor is to inspire and provide opportunity for professional growth and development.
The theme of the conference is “Freedom Within” which means choosing unbounded flow of psychic energy, using all the ego states of the self with spontaneity and awareness. People will achieve true freedom by bringing change towards OKness by fostering intrinsic worth and value and grow into responsible citizens for their own lives, for others and for the world.
The conference in Bangladesh will be a show case of practicing TA therapists to an international TA community. The IBOC examination for international certification for counselors, psychotherapists, and supervising trainers will take place on 1 September 2016.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE CONFERENCE AND IBOC EXAMINATION
This event aims to achieve the following specific objectives:
- To showcase Bangladesh’s success as a member country of SAATA;
- To promote and highlight the role that SAATA plays in development of TA practice in South Asia;
- To present case studies and research findings in the TA;
- To bring together governments, development institutions, investors, academics and institutions to recognise the role of the TA as a changing agent;
- To discuss best practices in application of TA;
- To bring international TA community together “under one roof” to exchange knowledge and know how;
- To help promote TA Research and Development;
- To disseminate and expand knowledge of TA in Bangladesh;
- To promote self-development of individuals leading to community empowerment;
- To develop professional certification;
- To publish Conference Proceedings as resource materials on TA;
- To network for inter-regional coordination and consultation so as to promote peace and harmony in the region;